Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Resolution-ing.

Alright. So it's ten days into the new year and I suppose resolutions are in order. From the age of about 13 till about 17 my only resolution every year was "Make atleast 3 people smile every day". Corny as it sounds, I think I managed on most days with random acts of kindness. This would last up till March at most, post which the cumulating burden of the new year would displace this altruistic attempt with regular doses of teenage drama. It would come back to me intermittently through the year, lasting a few days and then phasing out.

I know I made resolutions over the past few years, but I can't for the life of me recall any of them. This year, 2 months before I turn the dreaded 22, I feel I should put down atleast few reasonable goals for 2011. The (very ridiculous, I admit) feeling of having too much to do in too little time has crept in and resolutions might provide some pacification and streamlining.

In 2011 I resolve to -

1. Decide on a career path and start working towards it.
2. Either get a job in a relevant field, or get into a good post grad college.
3. Take many photographs, more than I already do.
4. Keep in touch with friends! AIESEC, college, home, school.
5. Be less affected by domestic squabbles. Ignorance is bliss.
6. Be more positive, optimistic and aware.
7. Save money (for traveling, or an SLR, or anything else worth saving for)
8. Travel to at least 3 new places.
9. Read more books.
10. Read the newspaper every single day!
11. Blog regularly (I am obviously failing at this considering it's taken me over a month to complete this ONE blog post) *hangs head in shame*
12. Practice my Spanish and speak it fluently by the end of the year.
13. Watch more movies/documentaries.
14. Give my room a make over.
15. Make at least 3 people smile everyday.

There you go. I may add more as the year progresses or I may not even manage to fulfill these. Let's hope its the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment